Sunday 14 September 2014

Pihu's 1st Painting Session

Painting is not my cup of tea, but my family is full of good painters/artists. My mom she did what not, fabric painting, nib painting, patch painting, oil painting, glass painting, this painting, that painting etc etc... My dad is also good at painting he used to do lots of science fair projects with us way back in 90's and even today he is good with pens he does lots of calligraphy. My bro is very good with painting too I will someday dedicate a separate post of his art.


Back to Pihu's painting skills, I can confidently say its in the blood. Couple of things which surprised me on her first painting session.

  1. She was very excited when I said lets do painting. She was doing it for the fist time so not sure what she understood when I said painting.
  2. Paints did not surprise/shock her at all. She was neither curious seeing the colors nor scared. I guess was more excited to hold the brush.
  3. This little lady dint need any assistance in holding the brush, she was holding with such ease as if she was born with the paint brush. :)

FUN with colors




TA-DA the final product
1. Finger print leaves & 2. Hand print trunk & finger print branch + leaves


I could easily keep her busy for an hour, I am pretty sure we will be doing few more creative paintings with this method. Keep watching for more.

Few tips

  1. Use washable colors as they create less mess and are easily cleanable. I used Rangeela tempara colors.
  2. Kids will not cooperate for long so get the main stuff done first as soon as possible and then leave them to have fun with the colors.
  3. Keep multiple paint brushes else kids will surely mix the colors dipping the same brush in multiple bottles. At least this is what pihu taught me:)
  4. Currently I am tuned into the recycling mode, so for the base I have used old wedding card leaves which are thicker than the regular paper.
Hope you had fun reading my experience...!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment